Causes of Car Accidents in Maryland
Car accidents can happen for a variety of reasons, but some of the most common causes of car accidents in Maryland include:
- Distracted Driving: When drivers engage in activities that take their attention away from the road, such as using their cell phones, eating, or adjusting the radio, they can cause accidents.
- Speeding: When drivers exceed the posted speed limit, they have less time to react to changes in traffic conditions, increasing the risk of an accident.
- Impaired Driving: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol can significantly impair a driver’s ability to react to road conditions, increasing the risk of an accident.
- Reckless Driving: Drivers who engage in reckless behaviors, such as weaving in and out of traffic or tailgating, can cause accidents.
- Bad Weather: When roads are wet or icy, drivers need to adjust their driving behaviors to avoid accidents.
What to Do If You Are Involved in a Car Accident in Maryland
If you are involved in a car accident in Maryland, there are some essential steps you should take to protect your legal rights:
- Seek Medical Attention: If you or anyone else involved in the accident is injured, seek medical attention immediately.
- Call the Police: Contact the police and file an accident report.
- Gather Information: Get the contact information of all parties involved in the accident, including their names, addresses, phone numbers, and insurance information.
- Take Photos: Take photos of the accident scene, including any damage to the vehicles involved and any injuries sustained.
- Contact a Lawyer: Contact a plaintiff’s lawyer experienced in car accident cases to protect your legal rights.
How COHEN|HARRIS Can Help
At COHEN|HARRIS, we have extensive experience representing victims of car accidents in Maryland. Our team of experienced lawyers can help you navigate the legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve. We will work tirelessly to investigate the accident, gather evidence, and negotiate with insurance companies to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident in Maryland, contact COHEN|HARRIS today to schedule a free consultation. We will evaluate your case, answer your questions, and help you understand your legal options.